SnapGlasses (Microsoft Build) lets you 3D print modular parts for glasses that “snap together”, letting you preview on your face the different snappable parts before printing.
I built the app and designed the 3D models
- uses Windows 10 3D APIs for watertight models for 3D printing
- uses computer vision face tracking on Intel RealSense (and also OpenCV) to let you preview the glasses on your face in real time.
- snappable swappable platform system: lets the user design modular components for glasses; for example, design different front frames that work with side modular arms.
- Credit: The demo showcased a RealSense Windows 10 laptop.
In 24 hours
- I built a working demo described above. :)
- 3D printed the newly designed glasses parts
- Collaborated with Xian Ke!
- Won First Place @ Microsoft Build Hackathon
- Registered the domain snapglass.es though I am currently using that for a different projecft